Design Wall Monday

I had another great weekend. Hope you all did as well. Yesterday, for some slow stitching, I played a bit with this:

And ended up with this:

The square in the center finishes at 3/4 of an inch. This morning I pulled out a few other vintage bits.

Aqua and red is all the rage but it is truly not a new fad! I hope to have a play with these today.

I finished quilting the Miss Kate quilt for the shelter and will bind it today. Here is a sneak peek.

IMG_1058.JPG I used some more of that thick poly batting. I still don’t care for it much.

Linking up with Patchwork Times for Design Wall Monday and Marelizeries for Anything Goes Monday.

Posted in Design Wall Monday, Uncategorized | 1 Comment

Slow Stitching Sunday

I have been doing plenty of fast stitching this weekend. I got this shelter quilt quilted.


I think some little boy will love this. Hopefully, it will make him feel a little less scared and a little more loved. I couldn’t help but think of my own two little grandsons as I worked on this. Quilting a pantograph is great praying time!
I also got this one started.


Hubby and I got hooked on the show Lost last spring. Then came the flood and summer and we took a long break from it. Recently we started watching again. I am sure we will watch a couple episodes today and I am ready with some hand stitching. First, my hexies.

And also a little experiment using the octagon template that came in the set I purchased last week.

It looks to be another beautiful fall day here today. The trees in my backyard are turning and falling.


Have a wonderful day!

Linking up with Kathy for Slow Stitching Sunday.

Posted in Finishes, Machine quilting, Uncategorized | 7 Comments

On and Off the Frame

I finished the quilt for the shelter and dropped it off for binding yesterday. While I was there, I picked up another one to quilt. Herd is the finished quilt.



And here is the next one.


Happy Saturday!

Posted in Uncategorized | 5 Comments

Finish it up Friday

My finish for this week was my Bargello quilt. It is made from my hand dyed fabrics. The top was made ages ago and it was time to get this off the UFO pile.

It was a really tough quilt to photograph. The colors are intense though not quite as intense as it appears in the above picture. Here is the back.

I think the quilting shows a little better in this shot.

I am glad it is done even if I am not in love with it. The quilting is not my best but I didn’t love the top enough to pick stitches.

Several of you asked about the Sharon Schamber binding method. Here is a link to a video explaining her method.

I also started quilting the top for the women’s shelter. I hope to finish that this morning and get it dropped off.

I used a panto from Urban Elementz called Airborne. I ended up loading it sideways because there was a seam running top to bottom down the back. I also hope to figure out a backing for the red/Aqua top I just finished so I can get that on the frame this weekend.

Better get moving to get all I need to done before work today! Linking up with Richard and Tanya Quilts for Link a Finish Friday, Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it up Friday , Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Can I Get a Whoop Whoop?, and Thanks God Its Finished Friday over at Simply Pieced.

Posted in Art Quilts, Finishes | 8 Comments

This and That

I finished the binding on my Bargello quilt and will share the whole thing tomorrow. I tried the Sharon Schamber binding method again and was quite pleased with how it turned out.

I also finished my curtain project for church.

Not much to look at, is it? LOL

And last night I went to the local guild meeting. I turned in my swap blocks and got the pattern for the next round due in January. I also picked up a twin sized quilt top, batting, and backing to quilt for the local shelter.

Isn’t it lovely? I hope to get this loaded and start quilting after work today.

Linking up with My Quilt Infatuation for Needle and Thread Thursday.

Posted in Uncategorized | 5 Comments

A Great Find and a PSA

Kathie at Inspired by Antique Quilts shared recently about this great mini template set.

Here is the bottom of my invoice showing the details and total with shipping.

They are designed to be used with 2.5 inch strips.

And now for my public service announcement. If you have a die cutter, be mindful how you pick up the dies themselves. The blades are sharp!

Yeah, I know, this doesn’t look bad. I thought I would save you the bloody shot. It is a clean cut but fairly deep. Just be careful. We don’t want blood on our fabric!

It appears I have gotten past the current posting bug. I’m still waiting on an update for my iOS update! Have a great day.

Posted in Uncategorized | 3 Comments

WIP Wednesday

I not only chose the border for this quilt, I got it cut and sewn on! The step I usually procrastinate about!

I even got the binding made.


I normally blog from my ipad but WordPress is giving me fits today. It might be the latest ios update which has been really driving me nuts. I hope they get the bugs worked out soon!

Working on a fix…while linking up with Lee for WIP Wednesday.

Posted in Uncategorized | 5 Comments